CONTENT OF THE 1954-1955 ACADEMIC YEAR
[Please note, this electronic archive only holds a limited portion of the newsletter content]
1954 meeting occurred on December 30, 1954, in Baltimore, at Goucher College
- Comments from President, Gregory Vlastos.
- Friedrich Solmsen, “Aristotle’s Physical World-Picture: A Historical Approach”
- NOTE: Solmsen's work was later integrated into his book. Aristotle’s System of the Physical World, Cornell 1960.
- Comments by Ludwig Edelstein
- Richard Taylor, University of Rochester, “Aristotle’s Doctrine of Future Contingencies”
- NOTE: Taylor's work was later published in Philosophical Review 66 (1957) 1-28 as “The Problem of Future Contingencies,” reprinted in John P. Anton & George Kustas, eds. 1971. Essays in Ancient Greek Philosophy vol. 1, SUNY, 522-545 with its original title.
- Comments by Rogers Albritton
Meeting with the Pacific Division of the American Philological Association, Spring 1955
- Guido Calogero, “Gorgias and the Socratic Principle Nemo Sua Sponte Peccat”
- NOTE: Calogero's work was published in Journal of Hellenic Studies 87 (1957) 12-17, reprinted in John P. Anton & George Kustas, eds. 1971. Essays in Ancient Greek Philosophy vol. 1, SUNY, 176-186.
- Philip Wheelwright, “Heraclitus: Some Problems of Contextual Authenticity”
- NOTE: Wheelwright's work was later integrated into Heraclitus, Princeton 1959
Submissions from 1955
Gorgias and the Socratic Principle Nemo Sua Sponte Peccat, Guido Calogero
Heraclitus: Some Problems of Contextual Authenticity, Philip Wheelwright
Submissions from 1954
Aristotle's Physical World-Picture: An Historical Approach, Friedrich Solmsen
Aristotle's Doctrine of Future Contingencies, Richard Taylor