CONTENT OF THE 1975-1976 ACADEMIC YEAR
[Please note, this electronic archive only holds a limited portion of the newsletter content]
1975: President, William W. Fortenbaugh
Meeting with the Eastern Division of the American Philosophical Association December 28, in New York
W. Fortenbaugh, Rutgers, Chair
- James H. Lesher, University of Maryland, “Xenophanes’ Skepticism.” Published in Phronesis 23 (1978) 1-21, reprinted in John P. Anton & Anthony Preus, eds.1983. Essays in Ancient Greek Philosophy, vol. 2. SUNY, 20-40. See http://philosophy.unc.edu/people/james-lesher/.
- Montgomery Furth, UCLA, “What Aristotle should have said in Metaphysics Zeta 13.” Distributed version entitled “Morphogenesis: Some Elements of Aristotelian Embryology and Some Ontological Ramifications.”
Meeting with the American Philological Association in Washington DC, 1975
- David J. Furley, Princeton, “Anaxagoras in Response to Parmenides.” Published in Canadian Journal of Philosophy suppl. II (1976) 61-85, reprinted in John P. Anton & Anthony Preus, eds.1983. Essays in Ancient Greek Philosophy, vol. 2. SUNY, 70-92.
- David Sider, New York University, “Anaxagoras on the Composition of Matter.” See The Fragments of Anaxagoras2 Academia Verlag 2005. See http://classics.as.nyu.edu/object/DavidSider.html.
- Margaret Reesor, Queen’s University, “Anaxagoras and Epicurus.” Published in John P. Anton & Anthony Preus, eds.1983. Essays in Ancient Greek Philosophy, vol. 2. SUNY, 93-106.
Submissions from 1975
Anaxagoras' Theory of Change: A Response to Parmenides, David J. Furley
Xenophanes' Skepticism, James H. Lesher
Anaxagoras and Epicurus, Margaret Reesor
Anaxagoras on the Composition of Matter, David Sider
Listings of the 1975-1976 SAGP Content, Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy