CONTENT OF THE 1989-1990 ACADEMIC YEAR
[Please note, this electronic archive only holds a limited portion of the newsletter content]
Academic Year 1989/90
Meeting with the Eastern Division of the American Philosophical Association for 1989/90 in Atlanta, Thursday, December 28,5:15 p.m. in the English Suite of the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
Chair: John Anton, University of South Florida, Tampa
- Susan Sau, Harvard, "Aristotle, Teleology, and Reduction"
- Steven Strange, Pittsburgh, "Plotinus on the Articulation of Being"
Meeting with the Pacific Division of the American Philosophical Association for 1989/90. Ancient Ethics
Chair: Julius Moravcsik, Stanford
- Giovanni Ferrari, Berkeley, "Akrasia as Neurosis in Plato"
- Stephen White, U. o f Texas, Austin, "Ergon meets the Stoics: Some Peripatetic Uses of Oikeiosis"
Meeting with the Central Division of the American Philosophical Association for 1989/90, Thursday, April 26, from 6:15-8:15 p.m. at the Riverfront Hilton, New Orleans. Unity and the One in Ancient Philosophy
Chair: John Anton, USF Tampa
- Constantine Georgiadis, McMaster U., "Aristotle on Unity: Metaphysics Delta 6."
- Laura Westra, Auburn, "Plotinus on Freedom, Creativity and the One"
Submissions from 1990
Aristotle on Unity: Metaphysics Delta 6, Constantine Georgiadis
Submissions from 1989
SAGP Newsletter 1989/90.2 (November), Anthony Preus
Plotinus on the Articulation of Being, Steven K. Strange