Between 2008 and 2014, Strawbery Banke’s excavation efforts were focused on the south and east yards of the Chase House (SB26). Although the extant 1762 Chase House was the first restored building opened at Strawbery Banke, no archaeological research had previously been done there. Possible relocation of an historical barn to the site drew attention to the need to investigate the Chase House property in order to gather information about a former kitchen ell, outbuilding, and privy on the site. Analysis of the standing structure, historical documents, and archaeological features, deposits, and recovered artifacts expand the museum’s interpretation of the 18th-, 19th-, and early 20th-century Chase House proprietors and occupants.
Charles, Sheila and Martin, Alexandra G.
"Archaeological Research Opportunities and Contributions at the Chase House Site,"
Northeast Historical Archaeology:
49, Article 6.
Available at: https://orb.binghamton.edu/neha/vol49/iss1/6