CONTENT OF THE 1955-1956 ACADEMIC YEAR
[Please note, this electronic archive only holds a limited portion of the newsletter content]
Academic Year 1955/56
1955: President, Glenn R. Morrow.
Meeting with the Eastern Division of the American Philosophical Association, December 27, 1955, at Boston University
- John Ackrill, “Sophist 251-259.” Published as: “Plato and the Copula: Sophist 251-259,” Journal of Hellenic Studies 77 (1957)1-6.
- Comments by Gregory Vlastos.
- Ronald B. Levinson, “Language, Plato, and Logic.” Published in Review of Metaphysics 11 (1957) 28-41 as “Language and the Cratylus”, reprinted in John P. Anton & George Kustas, eds. 1971. Essays in Ancient Greek Philosophy vol. 1, SUNY, 259-284.
- Comments by Rosamond Kent Sprague, “Reply to Dr. Levinson,” published in John P. Anton & George Kustas, eds. 1971. Essays in Ancient Greek Philosophy vol. 1, SUNY, 367-371
Meeting with the American Philological Association in Chicago, 1955.
- Thomas F. Gould. “The Evil Soul in Plato’s Laws.”
- J.B. McDiarmid. “The Biographical Tradition of the Presocratics.”
Submissions from 1955
The Evil Soul in Plato's Laws, Thomas F. Gould
Language, Plato, and Logic, Ronald B. Levinson
The Biographical Tradition of the Presocratics, John B. McDiarmid
Listing of the 1955-1956 SAGP Content, Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy