CONTENT OF THE 1966-1967 ACADEMIC YEAR
[Please note, this electronic archive only holds a limited portion of the newsletter content]
Academic Year 1966/67
1966: President, Leonard Woodbury.
Meeting with the American Philological Association in Toledo
- K. Sprague, “A Translation of the Dissoi Logoi or Dialexeis” 1966 distribution to members Toledo 1966
- Thomas M. Robinson, “The Nature and Significance of the Argument for Immortality in the Phaedrus” Published in Apeiron 2.2 (1968) 12-18, reprinted in John P. Anton & George Kustas, eds. 1971. Essays in Ancient Greek Philosophy vol. 1, SUNY, 345-353.
- Leonardo Taran, “The Creation Myth in Plato’s Timaeus.” Published in John P. Anton & George Kustas, eds. 1971. Essays in Ancient Greek Philosophy vol. 1, SUNY, 372-407.
Meeting with the Eastern Division of the American Philosophical Association in Philadelphia
Chair: Robert W. Hall
- M. Barksdale, “Does Aristotle Demonstrate the Definition of the Soul?” M. Barksdale’s presentation of this paper is the sole appearance on the web.
- A. Havelock, “Some Further Comments on the Verb ‘To Be’ in the Presocratic Period.” Havelock did not submit the paper, and did not present it. Instead, his place was filled in by:
- Thomas Olshewsky, “An Inquiry into Aristotle’s Use of Proportionality
Submissions from 1966
Does Aristotle Demonstrate the Definition of the Soul?, E. M. Barksdale
Listing of the 1966-1967 SAGP Content, Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy
A Translation of the Dissoi Logoi or Dialexeis, Rosamond Kent Sprague