CONTENT OF THE 1986-1987 ACADEMIC YEAR
[Please note, this electronic archive only holds a limited portion of the newsletter content]
The Society for Ancient 'Greek Philosophy invites you to attend our meeting with the Eastern Division of the American Philosophical Association in the Gardner Room of the Sheraton—Boston Hotel at 7:15 p.m., Sunday, December 28, 1986. 1986/7.2
Chair: ''Anthony Preus, SUNY Binghamton
- Gail Fine, '' Coraeii, "Plato on the Objects of Though”
- Deborah Modrak, Rochester, "Reason, Practical Reason, and Living Well in Aristotle"
Meeting with the American Philological Association at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 30, 1986, in Room 108 of the Convention Center in San' Antonio,Texas: Lives of Philosophers. 1986/7.2
Chair: William W. Fortenbaugh, Rutgers
- Michael G. Sollenberger, Washington University, "The Lives of the Peripatetics: Diogenes Laertius Vitae Philosophorum Book Five"
- Jurgen Mejer, University of Copenhagen, "Philosophical Lives: The Academics"
Meeting with the Pacific Division of the American Philosophical Association in the Nevada Room of the Golden Gateway Holiday Inn in San Francisco at 7:00 p.m., Friday, March 27, 1987. 1986/7.3
Chair: Nicholas P. White, University of Michigan
- John Driscoll, UGLA/SF State U, "The Aporias of De Anima IIL4,429b22—430a9"
- Julia Annas, 17. of Arizona, "Epicurus on Pleasure and Happiness"
Meeting with the Central Division of the American Philosophical Association at the Palmer House in Chicago, Friday, May 1, at 6 p.m. 1986/7.4 (March)
Chair: Anthony Preus, SUNY Binghamton
- Richard Kraut, UI Chicago, "Intrinsic Goods and Dominant Ends in Aristotle"
- Christos Evangeliou, Towson State, "The Plotinian Reduction of Aristotle’s Categories"
Submissions from 1987
Epicurus on Pleasure and Happiness, Julia Annas
The Aporias of De Anima Γ 4, 429b22-430a9., John Driscoll
The Plotinian Reduction of Aristotle's Categories, Christos C. Evangeliou
Ends and Intrinsic Goods in Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics, Richard Kraut
SAGP Newsletter 1986/7.3 (February), Anthony Preus
SAGP Newsletter 1986/7.4 (March), Anthony Preus
Submissions from 1986
Socrates' Evil Associates and the Motivation for his Trial and Condemnation, Thomas C. Brickhouse and Nicholas D. Smith
Philosophical Lives: The Academics, Jorgen Mejer
Aristotle on Property Rights, Fred D. Miller Jr.
Aristotle on Reason, Practical Reason, and Living Well, Deborah K.W. Modrak
SAGP Newsletter 1986/7.2 (November), Anthony Preus
SAGP Newsletter Introduction 1986 (February), Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy
SAGP Newsletter Introduction 1986 (November), Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy
The Lives of the Peripatetics: Diogenes Laertius, Vitae Philosophorum, Book Five, Michael Sollenberger