CONTENT OF THE 1994-1995 ACADEMIC YEAR
[Please note, this electronic archive only holds a limited portion of the newsletter content]
Meeting of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy with the Pacific Division of the American Philosophical Association March 30-April 2, 1994, at the Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles.
Chair: Richard McKirahan, Pomona College
- Christopher Shields, U. of Colorado at Boulder, "Aristotelian Intentionality"
- Charles Young and James Bogen, Claremont Graduate School, "Change and Contrariety: Problems Plàto Set For Aristotle"
Meeting of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy with the Central Division of the American Philosophical Association May 5,6,7, 1994, at the Hyatt Center in Kansas City. Aristotle's Metaphysics Chair: Robin Smith, Kansas State University
- Owen Goldin, Marquette University, “Aristotle on Good and Bad Actualities”
- Lynne Spellman, University of Arkansas, “Separation in Aristotle's Metaphysics”
Meeting of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy with the Eastern Division of the American Philosophical Association Wednesday, December 28, 1994, 5:15-7:15 p.m. at the Boston Marriott Hotel, Copley Place. Aristotle's Metaphysics, 1994/95.1
Chair: William Wians, Boston University
- Sarah Broadie, Princeton University, "What Does Aristotle's Prime Mover Do?"
- Mark Wheeler, University o f Rochester, "The Parts of Definitions, Unity and Sameness in Aristotle's Metaphysics."
Meeting of the Society with the American Philological Association on Friday, December 30, 1994, at 8:30 a.m. in the Atlanta Hilton. 1994/95.1
Chair: Thomas M. Robinson, University of Toronto (President, SAGP)
- John Thorp, University o f Western Ontario: "Sex and Mysticism in Plato"
- Richard Bodéüs, Université de Montreal: "Being According to Aristotle's Metaphysics Delta 7"
Meeting of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy with the Pacific Division of the American Philosophical Association Friday, March 31, at 6 p.m. in Osaka B of the Miyako Hotel, San Francisco. Aristotle’s Practical Philosophy, 1994/95.2, February
Chair: Anthony Preus, Binghamton University
- Lynn Holt, Mississippi State University, “Aristotle on the ’Αρχή of Practical Reasoning”
- Paul Schollmeier, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, “An Aristotelian Definition of Friendship”
Meeting of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy with the Central Division of the American Philosophical Association Friday, April 28, 7-9 p.m. in Parlor C of the Palmer House in Chicago. Aristotle Chair: Eve Browning Cole, University of Minnesota, Duluth, 1994/95.3, March
- Daryl Tress, Fordham, “Aristotle’s Child: formation Through Genesis, Oikos, and Polis”
May Sim, Oklahoma State, “Dialectic and Definition in Aristotle’s Topics”